- Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Basic stains: Clean with mild detergents or general purpose cleaners.
- Periodically go over entire surface with wet scotch pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
The innate feature of Hanex gives it excellent heat resistant properties compared to other surfacing materials in the market. However, to prevent any damages from heat, never place hot items directly on Hanex. Always use trivets with rubber feet when placing hot items on the worktop. Remember, placing hot pans or heat-generating appliances directly on Hanex may cause damages to your worktop. Avoid direct and indirect heat with temperatures over 80° C (170° F).
Avoid strong chemicals that can cause damages to your surface such as oven cleaners, acetone, paint removers and others. If exposed, promptly flush with water. Remember, prolonged contact with harsh chemicals can cause serious damage to your worktop.
Simple Steps To Avoid Damage
- Avoid cutting directly on Hanex, use a cutting board.
- Never place hot pans directly on the worktop. Even though Hanex can withstand temperatures up to 350° F, prolonged or extreme heat could cause permanent damage.
- Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be flushed with water immediately. Some of these items, when left on surfaces may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
- To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub with an abrasive cleanser and green Scotch Brite pad.
- Deep scratches can be removed by carefully sanding lightly with 120 grit sandpaper, followed by 220 grit and finishing with 320 grit sandpaper. Complete by rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
- For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require expert repair, please contact your Authorised Hanex Fabricator.
Hanex SOLID SURFACE 10-YEAR, LIMITED RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
Hanwha L&C Corporation warrants to the original purchaser that its product Hanex Solid Surface, when fabricated and installed by Certified Hanex Solid Surface Fabricator/Installer for residential use, shall be free from defect in material, for ten (10) years from date of installation to the original purchaser. This warranty only applies to Hanex Solid Surface, which is stored, handled, fabricated, and installed in the manner recommended by the Hanex Solid Surface Fabrication Guide. Hanwha, at its discretion, will repair or replace, free of charge, product failures due to manufacture defect during the 10 years following initial installation. The residential warranty is transferable within the 10 year period following initial installation, provided the new owner registers with Hanwha in writing. Hanwha’s obligation is limited solely to the repair or replacement, including necessary reasonable labour charges, of the Hanex Solid Surface purchased.
Hanex SOLID SURFACE 10-YEAR, LIMITED COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
Hanwha L&C Corporation warrants to the original purchaser or owner that its product Hanex Solid Surface, when fabricated and installed by Certified Hanex Solid Surface fabricator/installer for commercial use, shall be free from defect in material, under normal use and service, for ten (10) years from the date of sale to the original purchaser. Hanwha, at its discretion, will provide Hanex Solid Surface material only, free of charge, for product failures due to manufacture defect during the 10 years following initial installation. The commercial warranty is not transferable.
The above Residential and Commercial warranty does not cover:
No other warranties, express or implied, are made, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Except as provided herein, Hanwha is not liable for any loss of direct, incidental, or consequential damages as a result of the inability to use Hanex. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Failure to comply with Hanwha’s recommended storage, handling, fabrication and installation and care & maintenance guidelines.
- Damage caused by accidents, abuse, misuse, fabrication/installation error, exposure to extreme heat, or act of nature.
- Installed Hanex Solid Surface product that is removed from their original place of installation or alteration/repair performed on product by one other than Certified Hanex Solid Surface Fabricator/Installer.
- Appearance of joints or seams due to improper fabrication/installation or improper grout or caulk due to improper maintenance.
- Minor conditions such as scratches, stains, water spots, and burns, which may be corrected by Hanex care & maintenance instructions/guidelines.